||VED – 2019– DT – 1
To enter data from various source documents into the computer system for storage, processing and data base management purposes.
Key Result Areas:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure that you check source documents for accuracy
- Ensures that all data entered into the electronic data base is regularly cleaned to remove all errors before utilization in analysis and generation of reports.
- Carry out data analysis for report production.
- Ensure that data is kept confidential at all times including the data entry room.
- Regularly validate data received vs data entered to facilitate reconciliation.
- Works in liaison with the Project Coordinator to fix all inconsistencies/errors identified in the data.
- Ensure that all entered hard copy data are properly labeled and archived/stored in a systematic manner to facilitate easy retrieval when necessary.
- Generate reports as requested by the Project Coordinator to inform programmatic performance on a regular basis.
- Actively monitor, document and report immediately all data related incidents arising to the Project Coordinator for appropriate action to be taken/ trouble shooting .
- Conduct data quality assurance and comply with data integrity and security policies
- Perform any other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications, Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- The Data Clerk applicant should hold a Diploma and /or Certificate in Statistics or Computer related field.
- Have at least one’s years’ experience preferably in data entry and management.
- Exceptional knowledge in use of applications like MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word and Internet Explorer
- Follow instructions given in both verbal and written format
- Effective time management skills
- Data presentation skills and knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- High degree of Integrity
- Accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data at the required speed
- Ability and willingness to work in a team
- Willing to reside in Kamuli District
Key Competencies and Skills.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Information collection and management
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Decision making skills
- Communication skills
- High degree of confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work under pressure